larryheader

« Home | Teamwork!! » | Change is Good! » | In memory of my dog Chester! » | Truth!? » | Onward AE! » | Crap and Stuff! » | God Has a Sense of Humor » | Prepare for Departure » | Mac Mini » | Apple has done it again » 

Sunday, September 25, 2005 

Proper Flushing Technique

So I was Talking to a couple of my friends and students the other day when a nifty litte conversation came up. This is one of the reasons I love being a youth pastor, and also one of the reasons I hang around people with the same warped brain as I have. Anyways we were talking about something...you see, that is the funny thing. I can't even remember what we were talking about that led up to this conversation. But somehow we ended up talking about flushing habits at the urinal. This would have been alright but the girls (who had to go into the bathroom to change one evening) were commenting on the the oddness of a male urinal. So we proceeded to go somewhere that most men like to generate towards in this instance...potty humor. Well, not really potty humor per say but we will call it proper flushing technique. You see, different people have different ways of flushing a urinal. There is the elbow shrug, where I guess they figure the elbow is the dirtiest body part so why not get it dirtier. Then there is the karate flush. This one I don't really get. It might be due to the fact that I am short and I don't do yoga so I can't get my foot up that high. This one is for tall people only...short people, do this at your own risk. Then there is the lean in flush. This techniqe only works on urinals with the flush button in the front. This is my personal fav and I use it on a daily basis. Then of course there is the full contact, I'm a man and I probably won't wash my hands, then I'll go out and touch the lettuce at Meijers flush. Why do I say this you ask? Because it is a pet pieve of mine when I see nasty rednecks wearing bibs and a trucker hat that says "I'm with stupid" shake it, touch the flusher(GAG!) and then walk out without washing their hands. Maybe it's just me, but it grosses me out. Then last but not least there is the just walk away flush. I like this one. It only works with automatic urinals but it is great because you never feel like you have to touch something that is unpleasant to think about...well, let's be honest. How many people actually wash their hands after flushing. Plus you can pretend that you are Luke Skywaler and you are using "the force" to do the flushing. Hey, if you have gotten this far in this long post you are here by your own choice. So there are some proper (or improper) flushing techniques. Why? Because it is 1am and my gears were turning...

hmm... I do enjoy the karate flush, but that is only possible on the smaller urnials.

I just thought everyone washed their hands....that's kinda gross....so um....i'll just pretend that I didn't learn that today.

You know what Josh. Now that you posted that comment. It reminded me why that conversation even came up. I came out of the bathroom commenting on how gross it is when people don't flush the urinal and you are greeted with that wonderful smell. Thanks for reminding me. Find a happy place...find a happy place...

haha. very lovely post.
i usually use the "karate" technique you mentioned. whenever the toilet is not automatic, i kick my leg up to that sucker and flush. or use my elbows if it's too high. i can never touch it with my hands. (insert quiver and gag)

I just have one suggestion....paragraphs.

But yeah, the lean is by far the best, and I would say even the most effective. Auto flushers rock though...except the toilets when you're going #2 and they flush right in the middle.

I just want to say that I didn't even read this post...it was long and as nathan said, without paragraphs. So I just thought I'd comment.

Well I guess you missed out then!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates