larryheader

« Home | Crap and Stuff! » | God Has a Sense of Humor » | Prepare for Departure » | Mac Mini » | Apple has done it again » | This is a Change... » | Raise the Titanic » | Back To The Blogosphere! » | Back From Guatemala » | Back!! » 

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 

Onward AE!

Tonight we begin our shift from inward to outward thinking. We have been gearing up to start going out into the community on Wednesday nights. With all of the chaos going on down in the Gulf Coast, I thought it would be good to go out and collect some non perishable foods. This gives us an opportunity to get out and meet some of the people in the neighborhoods where we will be sending our bus when we get it. It also gets the teens thinking about giving when needs arise. This is one step in our journey as a ministry. This is new ground for me. I mean, I know that God called us out into the neighborhoods but I think that as ministries we get too inward focused and lose sight of what God is really wanting to do. I want to remedy this, at least in my own life. And as a youth pastor, I would like to take those with me that God has entrusted to my care. To lead this generation to live and breathe the gospel, not as a textbook example but as a real life model. Like the human body models in science class. You can see the heart through everything else. I know that is an odd analogy but it is how I see it. So onward we go, pressing towards the prize. What is the prize you ask. If you don't know me, drop me a comment or IM me and we'll talk...my info is in my profile.

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates