larryheader

« Home | Back To The Blogosphere! » | Back From Guatemala » | Back!! » | MOH New and Improved!? » | Every once in awhile I will go blog surfing. You k... » | Anniversary » | Turn The Tides » | Hand Cannon » | Clowns are like Pollen » | Back to Singapore » 

Saturday, September 03, 2005 

Raise the Titanic


Titanic Bow
Originally uploaded by tank_lo.
Jennifer and I went to the Titanic Artifact Exhibition at COSI today. If you didn't know, I have this odd fascinition with sunken ships bordering on the obsessed. So when I heard that this was at COSI, well I about peed myself. Now I don't think you understand...I was like a little kid in this thing. It was so incredible. You see, one of the things I want to do before I die is to dive down to a sunken ship. I told you it was borderline obsessive. Call it a hobby. I love to stdy sunken ships. It's not just the ships themselves but the history of them and the people who were on them. One of the many cool things aboout this particular exhibit is that they give you a ticket stub of an actual passenger that traveled that day. Then at the end of the exhibit you get to find out if the ticket holder you have lived or died. Morbid I know but oddly enough you find yourself anxoiusly awating to find out the fate of your passenger. It's like you form a bond with them because all throughout the thing you are looking to find pictures or some kind of mention or artifact from that particular passenger. It really draws you in to the whole thing. Sad to say all of our passengers died except for Evie's. She was like..."That's not my name, I'm Evie." You just have to laugh at her. She IS only 4 after all. I would give it a 10 out of 10. I was totally blown away and I would go see it again if I could, but alas I went too late and Monday is the last day...bummer. I did buy a 3 foot blueprint of the ship though. That will go in my office. Yes...it was a good day.

This was very interesting. But why the love of old, sunken ships?

I'm not really sure why it is such a fascination to me. I am the same way when it comes to old buildings. I think it is more about the lives that surrounded them as well as the history and the reasons behind why they sank.

Hey man, we all have our wierd flukes... those things we love and adore for no sane reason at all.

Just to let you know, Im using blogger from now on, sick of Xanga

that looks really sweet to see

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates