larryheader

« Home | Raise the Titanic » | Back To The Blogosphere! » | Back From Guatemala » | Back!! » | MOH New and Improved!? » | Every once in awhile I will go blog surfing. You k... » | Anniversary » | Turn The Tides » | Hand Cannon » | Clowns are like Pollen » 

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 

This is a Change...

Have you ever read something that just totally changes the direction of your thinking? I generally try to read as much stuff as I can. I am not a very deep or theological person and I never have been. Alot of christian books bore me because they are so dry and well...theological. I try to steer clear of those books. Most of the time they tend to disturb me because they try to sound educated and point out how much they know about the Bible. I think there is a fine line between teaching me something and telling me how much you know. Don't get me wrong, there are many good christian writers out there. I have read alot of good stuff. I'm just saying that I have gotten ahold of some that probably had some goods info in it if I didn't feel like I was reading an episode of TBN if you know what I mean.

I wish they wrote all books in magazine form. It would be great for those of us who have ADHD and can't sit still for very long unless there are flashing pictures or movement in front of our eyes. Give me little snipets of information that will go straight to the brain and deposit itself deep within my cerebral cortex. That's how I like it. Anyway, I have been reading this book that is slowly changing my philosophy of youth ministry. At least, the way I am doing youth ministry. God has been dropping some things in my heart for some time and getting ahold of this book is just a confirmation. I am really excited to see where God is going with this. Sometimes we try to talk over God and don't listen to what He has to say...I have found that I do alot of that...

It's a book about youth cells. It kind of hit me in the face and made so much sense to me. It's not deep by any means but it has spoken into my life so much. It's called Youth Cells and Youth Ministry by House to House Publications and it is written by Brian Sauder and Sarah Mohler. It's short reading, only 120 pages long but very worth it if you've ever thought about running cell groups.

There, I changed mi profile pic. It will have to do for now. Geesh, my significant other is my worst critic...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates