larryheader

« Home | Jesus Loves Pizza » | Ambient Light Technology » | I suck at design » | Prime Rib and Great Guests » | Russian Dinner Guests » | I just want to sleep » | Up All Night » | Icinema and Dead People » | Michigan » | I Want To Be Superman » 

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 

Teamwork

I am sitting here staring at a picture on my desk. You know, one of those leadership inspirational pictures. It's called The Essance Of Teamwork. It says: Teamwork means that we share a common ideal and embrace a common goal. Regardless of our differences, we strive shoulder to shoulder, confident in one another's faith, trust and commitment. In the end, teamwork can be summed up in five short words..."We believe in each other".

I am going to get a little sentimental here for a moment so bear with me. I can honestly say that I have an incredible staff in our youth ministry. We come together week after week with the same goal and vision. I can count on them to make the services awesome, connect with the students, and put up with my hangups. God has blessed me with all of the talent and integrity that he has brought to our mix. I see some of these large youth ministries with all of this cool stuff and I just go, "yeah but they don't have the staff that I have." I feel like we could go anywhere and do anything in this ministry with the staff that we have leading it.

A friend of mine stated in his blog: "I think the problem is too many times someone comes along with something real practical to say and pops our idealistic balloon of changing the world." I think that people also come along with something to say because they don't want to see you succeed. I get alot of people say, "I don't think that would work because such and such or so and so tried it and it failed." So we sit at a crossroads until the letters on the road signs are worn away. Then we forget where we were going and turn around and head back to where we started from. We sink into a rut of conformity. I don't want that. I want to lead a generation that will not conform to this world. We are at the crossroads. Which way do we go?

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates