larryheader

« Home | Down With The Sickness!! » | Teamwork » | Jesus Loves Pizza » | Ambient Light Technology » | I suck at design » | Prime Rib and Great Guests » | Russian Dinner Guests » | I just want to sleep » | Up All Night » | Icinema and Dead People » 

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 

Bravery!!

I read an article that I really enjoyed. The article was entitled Marine Thwarts Car Bomb Attack
I love reading articles that spotlight men's bravery in the face of danger. I know that the Marines are trained for that kind of stuff, but it still reminds me of how these men and women are over there risking their lives for a people that they don't even know.

I posted on a friend's blog about how much respect I have for the men and women that are over in Iraq. Things have been brought up about how us being over there is wrong and illeagal. I guess I don't know a whole lot about political law but I do know that I will support our troops over there whether the war is right or wrong. I myself think that we are doing the right thing, even if not in all the right ways.

I can't figure out why people get angry with the troops because we are over there. Alot of them had enough guts to enlist just to go over there and fight for...I don't know...this thing called freedom. Of course we could have just let them stay under the ruling of that nice man that was so loving to his people...you know...the wonderful Saddam Hussein. Seeing as how he was such a great man.

I just want to ask some people "Do you support our military during peace time?" Most of the time they say yes. Alright, strap on a weapon and send them over there. When they start whining about how they don't agree with it just tell them "I'm sorry but we have a change of plans. We are not sending you to Iraq...I hope you like French food."

I do think that America gets a little arrogant at times. I won't disagree with that. But, why is it that when we do come to the aid of a country in despair, all of a sudden we are the bad guy and we are overstepping our boundaries. Well I'm sorry but I thought that a few months ago you were begging for our help. Now when everything isn't going exactly as planned, we are wrong for ever getting involved.

I guess my whole rant is to say that we should support the men and women over there no matter what. I'm sure that some of them don't agree with the whole thing either. But they do it because they are men and women of honor and integrity and bravery. That is my rant and I'm sticking to it.

YES!!! I love it Larry. Tell it like it is man. I also salute and support all those troops out there...semper fi

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates