larryheader

« Home | Josh is addicted » | Has Bose gone mad?! » | Day of Fire » | Back From Retreat! » | RETREAT! » | Got My Halo 2 Groove On » | Four More Years! » | Get Your Vote On » | War Has Never Solved Anything!? » | Rockin Joel! » 

Thursday, December 09, 2004 

Shooting at the Alrosa Villa

Former guitarist of the band Pantera was shot and killed last night when a man jumped up on stage and began shooting at new band that he was in called Damage Plan. He then turned to the crowd and fired some shots at them. The shooting occured at a night club called the Alrosa Villa that has been having metal bands play there for years. Damage Plan was put together by Darrell Abbot and his brother Vinney after Pantera split up. "Dimebag" Darrell was known as one of the greatest guitarists in the genre of thrash metal. He was someone that I grew up listening to in the late 80's earlier 90's. The only one in my opinion that was as good as him was a guy by the name of Alex Scholnick from a band called Testament. Not quite the kind of music that I listen to these days but it was stuff that I grew up on. It's tragic that someone would do something like that. Of course, I don't know the whole story. Maybe Darrell did something to this guy and he was getting even or something. You just never know what is going through people's brains sometimes. You can check out one of the articles on the shooting at 103.9 The X. I'm going to have to follow this for a bit and see what info turns up. This is the biggest news in music since Lane Staley from Alice In Chains died.

Hearing things like that freak me out. That's why I will never go to a "heavy metal concert". And the very first thing I heard when I woke up this morning was the shooting. Not a very good thing to wake up to.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates