larryheader

« Home | Get Your Vote On » | War Has Never Solved Anything!? » | Rockin Joel! » | Meterosexual!? » | Lost and Found » | Homecoming » | Jen' New Car » | Great Pics » | Mulletman » | Horrible 3 Headed Dragon » 

Thursday, November 04, 2004 

Four More Years!

Man I am so relieved that Bush is going to be in office for another 4 years. This election was nerve racking. I stayed up until 1am watching CNN. Then I got back up at 5am and watched some more. I decided to go back to bed and try to get a little more rest before I had to go into work. Josh R. and I watched Kerry's speech. I love how he said "America is not only great...it's good." That was so funny. Then we watched Bush's speech. It was pretty good. Thanks to Ordinary Divergence for the laugh you gave me when Bush said "To those of you who voted for my opponent." That was great! We know where you live! Haha!

I was reading the local paper online today and the headline was "Religion may have swung Clark County" The article started out by saying that "Clark County had long been dubbed the bellwether of the presidential election. Now it can add another title: flip-flopper." Now, I've never had a huge vocabulary so I had to look up the word bellwether. it means:
1. somebody who or something that acts as an indicator of future developments or trends
2. somebody who takes the initiative or leads others
3. a sheep that leads the rest of the flock, usually wearing a bell around its neck (archaic)

I took that as an insult. Like they are referring to people like me as being backward or not caring about the future of Springfield. I think people like me are more caring about our society than most are. We don' want our city to become this filthy place to live. I love the city of Springfield. The reason it is such a good place to live is because we have people that pray for it and we don't let certain things come into here that will create an atmosphere that would make it unsafe. You see, the city of Springfield has the potential of becoming an unsafe immoral city. We have all of the elements needed to become a smaller Detriot. Maybe you can't remember when the crime rate was the same per capita as Detriot was. We have our bad side of town, but even that is safer now than when I was growing up there. The reason Springfield is prosperous is because of the christians who refuse to see it end up in the Devil's hands. I think that our city is growing and becoming a better place that will draw even more people to want to live here. We are growing and it is because of conservatism not liberalism! We have kept our high moral values and ethics and we are still growing. We look to the future while still remembering our past. That is a pretty cool thing. Stupid liberal journalist!!



Wow, that is truly an awesome testimony for our city. No matter how much most people "hate" springfield that live here i think it is a blessing. There are so many powerful ministries working here and so many prayer warriors praying for the city. We have come through a lot and we ARE very prosperous! Look how many restaurants we have and shopping centers. I love it here (even though i'm actually in Cedarville) and all those who work to glorify God here!

I'm so happy that Bush is back in office. :)

Amen, brother. You are totally right.

this blog rocks. you rock. keep rockin.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates