larryheader

« Home | For The Girls » | Here They Go Again » | Jesus Freak » | Celebrity Murder!? » | Does anyone have any depends? » | Netscape Bites » | Missing Russia » | Terrorists Suck » | Surfing Like Superman » | Testing...Testing...Is this thing on? » 

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 

Fight Night

Well, tonight is Fight Night at Alternative Edge. For those of you that don't know what Fight Night is: It is a kind of debate night in our Youth Ministry. We put a topic on the table, then let the youth discuss it. Sometimes it is a controvercial topic and sometimes it is just something to discuss. This month we are doing Bush vs. Kerry. In doing my research for this, I had to really dig into the issues to see where each candidate stood. This was very time consuming but it was quite informative. I also looked at a couple of third party candidates. There are so many issues on the table. It seems that this election is a very important one for christians. This should be a good night. I am looking forward to it. I would like to get people past voting because they are Democrat or Republican. I would like them to question why they are voting the way they are. I know most of them can't vote yet but their voice still counts in my book. This election seems to be affecting the youth as well...interesting. I have seen more youth involvment in this election than I have ever seen. That is encouraging to me...to see teens speak out about what they believe in...even if I don't always agree with them. Well, I'm out...we'll see what the outcome of Fight Night is tonight.

Good observation. I too have seen an increased level of involvement in this election. I was very involved in the last two but I was a geek and definitely not the norm. This time around it is almost a fad or trend to be involved. Could it be the return to a more activist generation (but one that is more conservative)?

I think it's because they actually see what is going on around them. Larry's generation didn't see that cause they were always high when they were young but i think as students we are finally grasping the importance of voting for what we believe in!

I must say that tonight's fight night was super. Very good topic. I noticed that a lot of people had a lot to say about it. It makes me think a little bit more about this whole election coming up and everything. Now I can't wait till I turn 18 so I can go out and vote ferizzle! Let's the good times roll!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates