larryheader

« Home | ICU Contemplation » | Back From Tulsa » | 3am and Agent Mulder » | Poetic Justice » | OK I've Been Tagged... » | Where A Kid Can Be A Kid » | Simple Prayer » | Fists of Fury » | Reflection... » | Whitewashed Christianity!! » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

Blue October

I think I have found, in my opinion, the most creative band that has come out in awhile. It's really hard to pinpoint the sound of Blue October's music. It's kind of like The Cure, Peter Gabriel, and some other forms of alternative rock all wrapped up in one package. They have four albums out already...how did I not find these guys until now?

The writing is brilliant and the lead singer doesn’t appear to have any qualms about expressing his feelings about depression, mental illness, suicide, relationships, breakups and religion. He is even quoted as saying that it is almost embarrasing to bear his heart so bluntly. It is honesty at its best.

It has been awhile since a music video has almost brought me to tears. The last one I can remember would be Johnny Cash doing the song Hurt. Blue October's video for Hate Me is an emotional work of art.

I am impressed and would have to say that this is the best band I have heard in awhile. The music has changed slightly from their first album The Answers but the quality is top notch from the beginning to the brand new album Foiled . Check them out if you haven't already.

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates