larryheader

« Home | OK I've Been Tagged... » | Where A Kid Can Be A Kid » | Simple Prayer » | Fists of Fury » | Reflection... » | Whitewashed Christianity!! » | Enemy At The Gates » | Springfield » | Girls and Paintball!? » | Gone Digital » 

Thursday, March 30, 2006 

Poetic Justice

Staven and I went to Cedarville last week to hear Don Miller speak. He is the author of the book Blue Like Jazz and Searching for God Knows What. Anyway, he made an interesting point. He was explaining how he believes that God uses poetic justice throughout the Bible to express more deeply the feelings of the people involved.

In otherwords, sometimes you aren't reading the exact words that the person said. God showed the writers the emotions that they were feeling and gave them the words to express those feelings.

It makes sense. I mean, it's not fiction but at the same time God shows us the emotions that Job felt when he was being torn by what was going on with his life.

I really enjoyed hearing Don Miller speak. He wasn't your average inside the box Christian. What he says makes you think. He takes everyday life and shows you profound simplicity. On top of that he was hilarious. I was surprised that Cedarville invited him. They are known for being very conservative. If you ever get a chance to hear him speak, I would highly recommend you to go. You won't be dissapionted.

Yeah, that joke he made at the beginning was awesome with taking the girl to the poetry thing! Oh man...I'll be someone was feeling awkward in the crowd.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates