larryheader

« Home | Enemy At The Gates » | Springfield » | Girls and Paintball!? » | Gone Digital » | Dead Man Flying » | Hitler and Random Thoughts » | Is that a jelly doughnut private Pyle? » | Falling » | There is a new Xbox 360 game coming out called The... » | Are You Willing? » 

Thursday, March 02, 2006 

Whitewashed Christianity!!

I got this from a book I'm reading right now:

"We have spread so many coats of whitewash over the historical Jesus that we scarcely see the glow of his presence any more. Jesus is a man in a way that we have forgotten men can be: truthful, blunt, emotional, nonmanipulative, sensative, compassionate-so liberated that He did not feel it unmanly to cry; so secure He could engage anyone head on and deal with them right where they were. Underneath all our coverup is a man exquisitly in touch with his emotions and uninhibited in expressing them."

In the book of Luke, Jesus stopped a funeral procession where a woman's only son was being carried off to be buried. It said that when Jesus saw her, His heart broke (another translation says that He had compassion on her) He acted on that emotion and raised the boy from the dead. It wasn't because the boy was dead...it was because He saw her tears and His heart ached for her. That's pretty cool.

It's kind of sobering to think of Jesus in this way. It puts a different spin on christianity all together. When we see the son of God dealing with human emotions it brings Him closer to our heart. Knowing that He not only created emotions but also experienced them firsthand makes me realize that He know exactly where I'm at and how I feel at any given moment. I guess I can say that makes me feel safe...

the church preaches the words of Jesus but neglect the more impacting and righteous messade of his actions

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates