larryheader

« Home | Halo 2 and Prophecy » | To Be or Not to Be... » | From Russia With Love » | Something About Me... » | Natural Legacy » | Airless Tire!? » | Staple's New Site » | Buenos Amigos » | New Look » | D&D and good friends » 

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 

Are You Willing?

I read a statistic yesterday that stated that teens spend over half of their time with their friends and only five percent with either parent. Yet parents have the greatest influence on the decisions that a teenager makes.

This got me thinking. I want to be as involved with my kid's lives as I can. If we are the greatest influence to our kids then it is fair to say that the more time we spend with them, our influence on them will become greater. It made me think of all of the field trips I have been on with my son. He looks to me for my approval when he attempts something. I fail him at times but I know he still loves me. He still looks to me for the answers. He still looks into the crowd to make sure I am at the school play or an award ceremony.

The time I invest in my kids now will draw them to me in the future when they are faced with obstacles in their lives. That's a big responsibility but one I am willing to put the time and effort into.

May parents always supported me when i was growing up and I wouldn't change that for a million dollars and sharks with laser beams on their heads.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates