larryheader

« Home | Airless Tire!? » | Staple's New Site » | Buenos Amigos » | New Look » | D&D and good friends » | So I was Thinking... » | Santa's In The Klink! » | I Want It All! » | Wake Me Up In April... » | Am I still in Frankfurt? » 

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 

Natural Legacy

I went to Cedarville University yesterday to hear Dave Rahn speak. He said so many things that hit home with my life right now. One thing he talked about was leaving a natural legacy.

We've all answered the question: "What legacy do you want to leave behind?" Dave put a different spin on it though. He called it "the camera's eye" Think of it this way: There is something behind our eyes that operates like a continuous video camera...capturing images and video clips of everything we experience. If I mention someone we all know...let's say Prozac for instance. Those who know him will automatically begin to play clips of him in our mind. Experiences that we have had with him. Some may be good and some may be bad. Some clips may cause us to laugh uncontrollably (most of them do in his case) and others may stir emotions that bring us to tears. Either way the clips play in our minds without our control most of the time.

What clips are played in the minds of those who know us? How will we be remembered if we were to leave this earth tomorrow? Man, that was a hard nugget to swallow.

"Lord, I want to leave a natural legacy where you are evident in my life. Forgive me for my apathy, harshness and unforgiveness. Move in me and create a life that is molded by your Spirit. Let me see people through your eyes and love them with your heart."

Prozac? You see live video? Man all I see are Rorschach Inkblot images that remind me of Sonny Bono. I must need an update...

But point well stated. I've wondered about this some. When you start thinking abuot it, it does really cause you to examine where you've been, what you've done, and where it all points. I'd be ashamed if within one or two memories my life with God isn't mentioned.

That's good stuff Lar

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates