larryheader

« Home | Almost Home » | » | Russia Bound » | It's Here! It's Here! » | He Did it Again!! » | Stupid Christains...Pickets are for Legalists! » | Is It Too Late? » | Good Stuff! » | Back to the Relative » | Huh?! » 

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 

Am I still in Frankfurt?

Josh R. has been on the edge of his seat wanting to hear about our trip. I haven't posted since we were in Frankfurt Germany. I have so much to say that is almost overwhelming and I don't know where to start. I guess I will start with the relational stuff.

I would have to say that this trip was better than the first one...and we came back with all of our cameras. I really missed Sasha so it was good seeing him again. He is so funny to watch. He gets so fired up during service. I saw some of the people that I met last year. Nastya, one of the girls that came to our youth conference last year was one of our interpreters this year. Jennifer got to know her pretty well and they became good friends. We held a couple youth services while we were there and we had a blast. Rachel even spoke at one of them. She did an awesome message on anger. Way to go Rach! I recieved an email from one of the students that was there and it was so encouraging. I know that going over there is fun but it is nice to hear when you make a difference in someone's life. Here is part of the email he sent.

"You know, the week you were with us, changed my life and my heart! It’s really! I don’t know what is going on, but I’m sure that God is doing something with my heart. I don’t know, but I feel it. Larry, thank you very much for this visit to Russia! I hope that you were glad to be with us."

That makes it all worth it! I already can't wait to go back. Jennifer and I are talking about staying for a few extra days just to visit and travel. Hopefully by then my Russian will be better.

I will post a couple more times on this trip. I didn't want to make one long post. I am compiling a list of things I have learned from the Russians. Should be informative and amusing...

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates