larryheader

« Home | Back From Tulsa » | 3am and Agent Mulder » | Poetic Justice » | OK I've Been Tagged... » | Where A Kid Can Be A Kid » | Simple Prayer » | Fists of Fury » | Reflection... » | Whitewashed Christianity!! » | Enemy At The Gates » 

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 

ICU Contemplation

I visited a man in the hospital yesterday. He has sickle cell disease and is in ICU. It's kind of sobering to see a 26 year old man, who just weeks before was working, playing, laughing, and apparently healthy.

It makes me realize how frail and short life really is. This has in no means got me depressed or contemplating my surroundings. It did however make me think I want to live my life to the fullest. I want to experience every culture I can. I want to try food from every nook and cranny of the world. I want to have friends that span the globe.

I want to love the unlovable, care deeply, and trust without reserve. I want to serve without motives, step forward without fear, and lead with integrity. I want to see the best in people, look past their faults, and find their inner beauty that only God can bring to the surface.

I want to do more than just "be" a child of God, I want to live it...and I want the world to know that I am different. I want it to be apparent that I have something they don't. Not by the way I dress...or by the way I look. I want them to see purpose, joy, peace, and love in my eyes. I don't want to get to the end of my life and say "I wish I had..."

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates