larryheader

« Home | The Rest of the Story... » | Uber Sexual!? » | Man in Uniform! » | Are We There Yet? » | Me Likey! » | Biking and Shrooms! » | Proper Flushing Technique » | Teamwork!! » | Change is Good! » | In memory of my dog Chester! » 

Thursday, October 20, 2005 

Quote to Think About...

I read this the other day and it just made me think.

"Whenever I meet a Buddhist leader, I meet a holy man. Whenever I meet a Christian leader, I meet a good manager."

Don't get me wrong. I am not against managers or good management. I have been learning alot about this lately. But management alone is not enough to fulfill the calling that God has placed on our lives, let alone enough to inspire the people we lead. It goes deeper and far beyond being able to manage people and programs. I am learning to allow God to manage ME so that I can effectively manage others. This can be a tedious process seeing as how thick headed and stubborn I can be at times.

Are we managers with Christian jargon added to our job descriptions or are we leading the way Crist led? I had to ask myself this question...and I really didn't like my answer. I love when God leads me to an answer..even if He has to shake me a bit to get me to see the big picture.

A friend told me not too long ago that "we can not apply human solutions to spiritual issues." Our discussion revolved around management within Christianity. Organization is great, but you cannot apply a human philosophy or solution to something that requires a spiritual response. Human wisdom is fallible.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates