larryheader

« Home | Are We There Yet? » | Me Likey! » | Biking and Shrooms! » | Proper Flushing Technique » | Teamwork!! » | Change is Good! » | In memory of my dog Chester! » | Truth!? » | Onward AE! » | Crap and Stuff! » 

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 

Man in Uniform!

Lima company is home! It was so awesome seeing my friend James home safe. I couldn't imagine all that he has seen and felt. I was thinking how differently people will look at him. We went out to lunch Sunday and a women left a card on the table labled only "To a Marine". It was a gift certificate and it said "from a grateful citizen" I think. How cool is that! His eyes have seen war firsthand. That is something not very many of us can say. Even as a veteran of a foreign war, I feel almost ashamed to have the ribbon that I wore to show that. I never saw battle...not even close. I was just enlisted during the Gulf War. My friend has been there, lived it and came back with a different outlook on life. I have so much respect and appreciation for what he has done.

My daughter Eve was blown away with him when she saw him in uniform Sunday morning. She kept hiding behind Jen and commenting on him when he would walk by. She would say "Mommy, there goes the man in the suit again." She was also commenting on how shiny his shoes were. When Jennifer asked Evie if she would like him to come over, she just giggled and got this big smile on her face. I have never seen her react to an adult like that before. She was really taken by him in uniform. It was so cute!

Words cannot express how proud I am of James and what he has done for our country.

I totally agree. I get teary-eyed everytime I think of what he has seen, done, and lived through. I can't begin to imagine what a transition it will be for him to be back in the civilain world. All I know is, I am beyond words in describing how great it is that he is home.

He's done things that I will never do, great things. He is the deffinition of a hero in my eyes, a true hero who sticks himself in the frey for counrty and God, a soldier for both...

Im honored to know him.

That is so awesome...I love James...my last memory of him is at the retreat Sol did at your church...James was the serious, camo-wearing, black make-up, Capture the Flag king. He was hillarious!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates