larryheader

« Home | Moral Relativism?! » | A Collision » | Quote to Think About... » | The Rest of the Story... » | Uber Sexual!? » | Man in Uniform! » | Are We There Yet? » | Me Likey! » | Biking and Shrooms! » | Proper Flushing Technique » 

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 

Everything is Relative

Sorry for the confusion. I am reading this book right now and it has got me thinking. Let me put the definition of what moral relativism is exactly. It is a way of looking at the world that says what is right or wrong for you depends on what you think is morally right or wrong. In other words, everything is relative. Now, apply this definition to the questions posed in my last post.

There ya go...
I stand with my comments in the last post.

I pretty much second Joels disertation from the last post.

Josh's point gets into moral legalism more so than moral relativism. Moral legalism dabbles more in the areas of justification, sanctification, grace, mercy, and salvation. Moral relativism is strictly an issue of truth or lack thereof. Not granted a moral relativist would probably be faily loose or non-judgemental about legalistic issues, but first they must be legalistic issues that a moral relativist can react to.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates