larryheader

« Home | We're Back! » | » | » | Sail Away! » | Keep the Net Neutral!! » | My Space!? » | Did I just say something? » | LET"S PARTY!! » | I'm Alive!! » | The End is Here!! » 

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 

A Legend Dies...




"WHAT!? NO WAY..." Were the words that came out of my mouth when I heard that Steve Irwin died. "Not the Crocodile Hunter, I thought he was invincible." He exchanges heroic escape stories with Superman and Wolverine. He can't be dead.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Not that I knew the guy or anything, but he has been a part of our culture since I graduated from high school. he's my son's favorite(next to Jeff Corwin.) And he was killed by a stingray! I was just holding one of those things about a week ago in the Cayman Islands...creepy!

Looking at what he did for a living always made me wonder when his number would come up. I mean, you can't go jumping on alligators backs and wrestling with pythons and expect to live forever. But this was somewhat of a freak accident. The stingray barb just happened to hit him in the heart. I still can't belive it.

So as all of the newspapers and television stations cover his death, we will pay homage to the man who inspired us to wrestle the reptiles. Even if all I can handle is a ghecko...

Yeah, pretty crazy! Aaron said he was pretty sure he'd at least outlive steve-o though...interesting thought...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Larry
  • From Springfield, Ohio, United States
  • I am a Husband, a Father, a Youth Pastor. All of which is my calling and my passion.
My profile
www.flickr.com
tank_lo's photos More of tank_lo's photos
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates